Born: August 26, 1976, Texas, US | Successful For: Founder of Toms | Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Inner Keys to Success:
- LAW OF RECEPTIVITY; THE MORE YOU GIVE THE MORE YOU RECEIVE: Blake brought genius to the world when he began Tom’s, a new business plan that focused on helping others! With each pair of Tom’s being sold, another pair of shoes is given to an impoverished child, and when Toms sells a pair of eye-wear, a portion of the profit is utilized to restore or save eyesight in developing countries. This one-for-one idea has given him so much more in return. He was able to begin writing and sharing his genius ideas on focusing on others when starting a business. Once again, using the law of receptivity, Blake became a NY times best-selling author and with each copy sold, he promised to give a children’s book to a child in need.
- FIND EFFICIENT STRATEGIC WAYS TO BETTER THIS PLANET AND SOLVE REAL LIFE PROBLEMS: Rather than starting a not for profit company and collecting donations, Blake compelled a much more sustainable business plan that would help many more kids on a continuous basis. “As a for-profit company, we’ve given 25 times more shoes away. You can’t argue with the math.” Tom’s does not participate in any traditional advertising but relies heavily on word of mouth and recently began an annual campaign encouraging people A Day Without Shoes raising awareness on children without shoes.
- WHATEVER THE DESIRE, THERE IS NEVER A BETTER TIME TO START THAN RIGHT NOW: “I always planned to make as much money as I possibly could so that I could spend the latter years of my life giving it all away, I always wanted giving to be a huge part of my life. I just thought it was something I’d be able to do when I was 60, not 30.” However a trip to Argentina introduced him to a group of volunteers and shoeless children who were susceptible to infections such as hookworm and podoconiosis as well as a life of poverty for being banned from schools without them. He described this calling as “I didn’t choose shoes as much as they chose me.” He jumped in to solve a worldwide problem and make it a feasible solution and business plan that rewards everyone involved!
“If your not making someone else's life better, then your wasting your time.” - Blake Mycoskie
Little Known Success Fact:
Blake was always a go giving entrepreneur who started EZ laundry services after college followed by a billboard company which he sold after 3 years. Always keen to solving problems and living a life of adventure, Blake competed alongside his sister on The Amazing Race where he didn’t win, but he discovered a new business. With a few other contestants from the show, he began Reality Central, a network dedicated to reality shows 24 hours. He then started an online driver’s education service and when he sold this company he was able to start-up Tom’s without any additional investors.
“Start Something That Matters” - Blake Mycoskie
- Image: http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/nsls/membership/speakers.cfm
- Image: http://www.inc.com/magazine/20100601/the-way-i-work-blake-mycoskie-of-toms-shoes.html
Powered by Facebook Comments