Born: May 10, 1960, Ireland | Successful For: Musician (U2), Humanitarian | Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Inner Keys to Success:
- FIND YOUR UNIQUE SELF: "To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." During childhood, Bono did well in school and was very popular, which led to forming a surrealist street gang. Things changed when he reached secondary school and lost his motivation to work hard for good grades. He became rebellious and began cutting classes, he would be known as a problem student and his parents transferred him to a non-Catholic school. At 14, his mother past away and Bono was depressed and feeling alone, realizing he had no clear plans for the future. At his new school, he would find his sense of purpose and began getting good grades in subjects he enjoyed like English, History, and Art. He gained a following for his outspokenness and his ability to tell a good story gave him nickname Bono Vox. He believes “It's stasis that kills you off in the end, not ambition.” Bono’s life would forever change when he responded to an ad to form a rock band. Everyone who knew him were completely shocked at his love for performing arts. And although he hadn’t obtained good vocal skills and only had mediocre songs, his manager defended them saying Bono’s enthusiasm and passion to perform would help them grow. Eventually they would prevail, winning a talent show that brought new heights. He finally found his identity. When you’re a true version of yourself and not what others want, you will attract more success. “Overcoming my dad telling me that I could never amount to anything is what has made me the megalomaniac that you see today.”
- GIVE AND YOU WILL RECEIVE: It all started when U2 did a live aid concert that raised more than $135 million for Ethiopian famine victims and it inspired him to shake up the planet for the good. Bono has had so much success because of his great ethics of giving back and helping in so many different causes. His fans share the same beliefs and love him for his acts of change. He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize 3 times for his successful attempts to relieve third world debt and promote AIDS awareness in Africa. Bono understands that true success comes from giving. He makes a difference any way he can, through music, speeches, charities, raising awareness and working with global figures like Nelson Mandela. A dedicated social activist who always aims to open doors that have been shut. His main message: "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world."He has contributed his time to over 36 charities and continues to push the envelope for making a difference.The more Bono tries to change the world, the more his wealth tends to grow, as he was named the most politically effective celebrity of all time by National Journal Magazine, and was the top earning musician according to Forbes Magazine in 2010. He has been knighted by the queen and been praised by world leaders as a successful activist due to his abilities of persuasion and knowledge of many issues mainly focused on political causes. Bono's own belief "The world is more malleable than you think and its waiting for you to hammer it into shape."
- EXPRESS YOUR BELIEFS, PASSIONS AND CHARISMA: Bono was always known for expressing himself; he was very popular and known for telling great stories even at a young age. He was also born into a family of cultural differences, his father being Catholic and his mother a Protestant. Their religious differences were not only a strong difference in the household, but also in the violence in Northern Ireland. Initially this brought much confusion to his life, however it inspired Bono to influence others to respect one anothers beliefs. His issues of his own faith resolved themselves, and he began to bring the music and his views together. Growing up in this fragile world, Bono had been able to combine many of his life lessons and experiences with his music which formed a deeper connection to his audience. This is the reason U2 had such a huge success because people could really relate to the lyrics. He believes "Music can change the world because it can change people." Bono had a passion for impacting others and his energy and spirit allowed him to be a messenger, through music and activism. He once stated “As a rock star, I have two instincts, I want to have fun, and I want to change the world. I have a chance to do both.” He has traveled worldwide giving speeches to help spread awareness to many causes and he has stunned the world with his band U2 by releasing uplifting songs that tend to follow social and political themes. Never be afraid to express your passion while pushing a good message to the world using your enthusiasm to create a ripple effect! Bono encourages other to "Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. dream out loud."
"My heroes are the ones who survived doing it wrong, who made mistakes, but recovered from them."- Bono
Although Bono was initially criticized for being a poor investor, he would go on to make an investment that very few musicians have ever been able to do. He acquired a small stake of 1.5% in Facebook which is now valued at close to $1 billion. From being labeled "Worst in investor in America" by 24/7 Wall Street for a series of bad ventures to one that made him more money than his rock career. Bono has never been one to fear failures, and this is the reason he is so successful. "Yes, I sometimes fail but at least I’m willing to experiment.”
For me… it is probably more accurate to say ‘I was really lost, Im a little less so at the moment’… and then a little less again. That to me is the spiritual life… it has slowly rebuilt me in a better image. It has taken years though, and it is not over yet.” - Bono
More inspiration from one of the most successful rock-stars of all time :
- Image Source: "Bono U2 360 Tour 2011" by Peter Neill - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bono_U2_360_Tour_2011.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Bono_U2_360_Tour_2011.jpg
- Image Source: "Bono-hat-glasses" by Ricardo Stuckert/PR Agência Brasil, cropped by Zanaq - Cropped from Agencia Brasil's image Image:LulaAndBonoVox.jpeg. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bono-hat-glasses.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Bono-hat-glasses.jpg
Powered by Facebook Comments