Born: December 18, 1963, Oklahoma, US | Successful For: Actor, Philanthropist | Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Inner Keys to Success:
- BE A GO GETTER; BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY: When deciding acting was his goal, he did whatever he could to support himself; whether it was driving strippers in limos, moving refrigerators or dressing up as a giant chicken for El Pollo Loco to make ends meet. Speaking on his own go-get approach Brad Pitt once stated "In Missouri, where I come from, we don't talk about what we do - we just do it." Even when he reached the limelight, he took his acting career extremely serious and did whatever it took to portray his roles, he voluntarily had his front teeth chipped in by a dentist for his role in Fight Club. To help him get into character for Twelve Monkeys, he went as far as spending a day at a psychiatric ward and went on to win a golden globe. His high school nickname was Brad the Pitt-Bull, and for right reasons, Pitt moved to Los Angeles in 1986 with $325 in his pocket and slept on Melissa Etheridge's couch. He went to an acting class with one of the strippers he drove around and met famous acting coach and mentor Roy London. He enrolled in an acting class and then joined a classmate as her scene partner in an audition with an agent. As fate would have it, the agent signed Pitt instead. Brad Pitt’s ambition got him a job in the industry in only 7 months. Today, Brad Pitt has learned Japanese, obtains a certified pilot's license and has booked himself a ticket to go to space in Richard Branson's Air Galactic; a go getter at its finest!
- WHEN PASSION STRIKES TAKE THE LEAP OF FAITH: Growing up, Brad Pitt is known to have loved movies, claiming to have watched all 5 Planet of the Apes films in one day. "I grew up in Oklahoma and Missouri, and I just loved film. My folks would take us to the drive-in on summer nights, and we'd sit on the hood of the car. I just had this profound love for storytelling." Pitt initially set out for a path in advertising, going to school for journalism. Although he kept his passion quiet, Brad Pitt got to a point where he couldn’t hide his childhood aspirations anymore and made the decision to become an actor 2 credits shy of his degree. It was in this last semester at university that he finally realized “I can leave” and decided to drop out and pack his Datsun car to head west for a chance at his dreams. Pitt lied to his parents stating he intended to enroll in the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. Brad Pitt’s ambition got him a job in the industry faster than most actors. He had cut off all ends of retreat, to ensure success was the only option. When Pitt moved to L.A., he had no way of turning back, he had to either sink or swim.
- BE CREATIVE IN MAKING A POSITIVE IMPACT: Brad Pitt isn’t just a pretty face, he was involved in constructing 150 new homes in New Orleans partnering with Steve Bing and offered $5 million towards the "Make It Right" project. Brad and Angelina have 6 children together, 3 of whom are adopted. The couple sold the rights to their first picture of their twins to People and Hello! magazines for $14 million making it the most expensive celebrity pictures ever, again the money went to a great cause, the Jolie-Pitt Foundation. Although he is engaged to Angelina Jolie, the couple has openly stated that they will only get married once gay marriage is legal in the US. Alongside his partner, Brad Pitt is a big philanthropist supporting causes such as the ONE Campaign and the Global Action for Children Campaign. Brad Pitt understands giving is crucial and he continues to inspire the world through his movies and his humbling charity work.
“I had faith that I’m capable enough to handle any situation. There’s peace in understanding that I only have one life, here and now, and I’m responsible.”
- Brad Pitt
In the 90’s, Pitt went through a mental roadblock of depression. "I got really sick of myself at the end of the 90s: I was hiding out from the celebrity thing; I was smoking way too much dope; I was sitting on the couch and just turning into a doughnut; and I really got irritated with myself. 'What's the point? I know better than this.” He turned his life around and got back into acting. Brad reportedly reached out to Shia LeBeouf regarding his struggles and addictions. An insider for OK! magazine has stated "Brad and Angelina admire anyone who works to turn their life around, so they wanted to offer Shia a helping hand. They understand how hard it can be to kick demons." Brad had spoken of his own dark days of depression and how he overcame saying "This idea of perpetual happiness is crazy and overrated, because those dark moments fuel you for the next bright moments; each one helps you appreciate the other," A down to earth celebrity, Brad Pitt is known to be very humble and inspiring, being that he;s a mega star who feels the normal human emotion like all of us "We are all searching for meaning in our lives, love and betterment for ourselves and those around us."
"All I know is what feels right, what's more important to me is being honest about who you are." - Brad Pitt
Purchase the Brad Pitt bio below:
- Image: "Angelina Jolie Brad Pitt Cannes" by Georges Biard - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons.
- Image: Georges Biard [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Powered by Facebook Comments