Born: October 4, 1988, Chicago, Illinois, US | Successful For: NBA Star | Zodiac Sign: Libra
Inner Keys to Success:
- NEVER BE OUTWORKED: Derrick Rose has extreme work ethic and focus. He is known by his team-mates for training harder than the rest and staying consistently focused on the next game, day in and day out. Rose has always maintained intense workouts followed by his determination to practice often and prepare always so that he could become the superstar he is today. His testament: “I think I work hard, I think I dedicate myself to the game and sacrificed a lot of things at a young age. I know what I can get out of it if I continue to do good.”
- FRIENDS OR FAMILY, SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GOOD PEOPLE: Rose had a very supportive family who ultimately believed in his talent as much as he did. He has 3 older brothers who were all talented baller’s too. They taught him the dynamics of the game and helped develop him into the star he is. His family was very protective of any outside sources trying to influence or get him off course making sure he was surrounded by people who wanted the best for him. His neighborhood was a rough place, but thankfully for Rose, his family was very positive and devoted to his success. He chose to follow their lead in an area where drugs, crime and poverty seemed to rule the majority.
- HAVE CONFIDENCE IN WHO YOUR ARE: D–Rose has the right dose of poise and belief in himself and it is evident in his body posture and tone of voice. In his rookie season he looked like a 10 year NBA pro, which is usually a pressure situation for a first round draft pick. Future Bulls teammate Ben Gordon stated “I watched him a handful of times when he was in high school and he never said a word out there. He just kind of led with his play and he just has this presence where he doesn’t have to say much.” He has that kind of poker face that gives away nothing; he does not get ahead of himself or get too cocky but just states what he believes. He remains calm, cool and confident. "I have confidence to take the shot, no matter when or where it is or how many times I miss. If I’m open, I’m going to shoot."
“You got one job, and that’s to get better every single day.” - Derrick Rose
Little Known Success Fact:
Rose was a first round draft pick who recorded 36 points in his playoff debut, which is a record tying stat for most points scored by a rookie. The next year he boldly asked “Why can’t I be MVP of the league? Why can’t I be the best player in the league?“ which subsequently led to Rose becoming the youngest player to ever receive the NBA’s Most Valuable Player Award, and he joined Michael Jordan as the only Chicago Bulls players to ever win it. Ask, and you shall receive.
Click below, to read reviews and the summary of his best book yet:
- Image: "Derrick Rose 2" by Keith Allison from Owings Mills, USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Rose#mediaviewer/File:Derrick_Rose_2.jpg (Creative Commons) https://www.flickr.com/photos/27003603@N00
- (Creative Commons) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Rose#mediaviewer/File:Derrick_Rose_02.jpg"Derrick Rose 02" by Keith Allison from Owings Mills, USA https://www.flickr.com/photos/27003603@N00
Powered by Facebook Comments