Born: August 25, 1949, Haifa, Israel | Successful For: Rockstar, Entrepreneur | Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Inner Keys to Success:
- ACT WHEN INSPIRED: Simply put, when Gene Simmons felt inspired as a kid, he did not hesitate, he took action. He was inspired from seeing the Beatles on TV to create a rock band; he states from his autobiography Kiss and Make Up, “If I could start a band, maybe girls will scream at me” and as a result, he decided then and there to be a rock star. Inspiration doesn’t come randomly, Gene actually went to pursue a bachelor’s degree and even taught grade 6 before rocking stadiums around the world. He was fired for replacing Shakespeare books with comic books (these comics inspired his rock bands entire look). Even as a teacher he saw inspiration to be a rocker. Slowly but surely, Gene Simmons accomplished everything he wanted, including being a sex icon, a rock star, and a businessman too.
- BE SELFISH TO BE SUCCESSFUL: Simmons understands that you need to be selfish to be successful, no, not the kind of “selfish” that hurts the people you care about, but the type that ensures your own happiness comes first. He once said that “children need to learn to be selfish, to put themselves first and not care what other people think.” Gene Simmons is known as a modest, yet charismatic guy who will only do things the way he sees it because that’s what he knows will make him happy, and he believes will succeed. He knows that with anything he does, if he can’t see a clear path for his vision to become a reality, he doesn’t want to be a part of it. Even when on the show The Apprentice, he believed his marketing campaign was better than the people he was.
- THE CONFIDENCE TO LEAVE PEOPLE WHO DON’T SEE YOUR VISION: Gene Simmons didn’t care what others thought, and just focused on bringing his dreams to the surface, making the invisible, visible. When Gene Simmons decided to become a rock star, his first band didn’t see eye-to-eye with him, in fact, it was him who didn’t like the way they looked, nor sounded, and hence, he quit the band. This was one of his boldest moves on his road to success, this allowed him to create a band that he once envisioned (invisible), a reality (visible).
"Being in a rock band is an allegory for life. Good taste is academic and talent is overrated: mindset and perseverance are everything" - Gene Simmons
Little Known Success Fact:
Believe it or not, Gene Simmons states that he has never been drunk or high in his life. In fact, he was even known to have taken a lie-detector test on the subject and passed the entire test. This is extremely rare, as the numbers show that most “rock stars” are “party animals” who do drugs and drink regularly. He is an amazing role model showing people that if you take charge of your life, you can mold it into the life you’ve always wanted.
“Believe me, the library is the temple of God. Education is the most sacred religion of all.” - Gene Simmons
Check Out These Books Written By Rockstar Gene Simmons:
- Image Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelillo/4937932826/sizes/z/in/photostream/
- Image Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/salty_soul/6821964506/sizes/o/in/photostream/
- Image Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Simmons
Powered by Facebook Comments