Born: October 28, 1967, Atlanta, United States | Successful For: Actress | Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Inner Keys to Success:
- NOTHING IS ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT ACTION: When she was inspired, she took action. When Roberts saw her brother achieve some success in the acting industry, she jumped on her intuitive nudge and began preparing her craft to pursue her dream of becoming a Hollywood star. She moved to New York where her brother and sister were located, joined a modeling agency, and took acting classes. Seizing the opportunity led her to become one of the highest paid actress’ in the world.
- YOU BECOME LIKE THE PEOPLE YOU HANG AROUND: Julia Roberts was surrounded by actors and actresses within her family; therefore she had very little doubt that it was possible to become a successful actress. This is a common trait for achievers, they don’t look for all the odds against them, rather they perceive it to be easy and attainable. Of course that mindset serves them and they run into very little resistance.
- LET GO OF WHAT DOESN’T WORK, GET READY FOR SOMETHING BETTER: Julia Roberts was able to let go of what didn’t work, and focus on what felt right. Although she grew up wanting to be a veterinarian, she quotes that she had an “inability to deal with science on a brainiac kind of level”, so she wasn’t able to pursue that dream. However, this did not stop her from searching for something that resonated within her heart. “I don’t get angry very often. I lose my temper rarely. And when I do, there’s always a legitimate cause. Normally I have a great lightness of being. I take things in a very happy, amused way.” This detached yet 'take life lightly' approach clearly assisted her to the limelight.
“I just want to make a point that it’s not just great teachers that sometimes shape your life. Sometimes it’s the absence of great teachers that shapes your life and being ignored can be just as good for a person as being lauded.” - Julia Roberts
Little Known Success Fact:
When acting for the movie Mona Lisa Smile, she actually took art observation classes to fully respect and understand her position for the film. Her indulgence in her roles is apparent in her income, being the first actress to ever make an astounding $20 million per movie!
Click below to read reviews or purchase books on Julia Roberts:
- Image: http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Julia_Roberts_2011_Shankbone_3.JPG&printable=yes
- Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shankbone/5656739576/
Powered by Facebook Comments