Born: March 26, 1973, Michigan, US | Successful For: Co-Founder of Google | Zodiac Sign: Aries
“If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach.”
– Larry Page
Inner Keys to Success:
- BE AN EDUCATED RISK-TAKER: Larry Page was an educated risk-taker. When he and Sergey first started out their company, they maxed out their credit cards and their friends and families credit cards to buy bandwidth for the company, predicting that Google would require such massive amounts of data. Even though this was an extremely risky move, (especially the fact that they used credit cards as opposed to getting a loan) the two were both very educated in the area of computers and thus confident it was going to work out. It’s almost as if their confidence in such a risk far outweighed any doubts they had.
- GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS, WHAT DID YOU ENJOY AS A KID: Growing up in a family obsessed with computers, he was surrounded by science magazines and computers which Larry was constantly drawn to. In other words, he grew a never-ending passion for computers since the day he was born. Many people, who become extremely successful, found their passion as children.
- YOUR FEELINGS CREATE REALITY, START “FEELING SUCCESS”: Larry Page and Sergey Brin understand that feelings create reality. Google has been named the top place in the world to work because of their unusual business practices of creating a fun and exciting environment. They believe that maximizing an employee’s work satisfaction will aid them in prospering within the company. Google continues to succeed because they offer their employees everything from car-rentals to buffets to exercise facilities. They even have a CCO (Chief Culture Officer) to make sure their culture is a positive environment.
“We have a mantra: don’t be evil, which is to do the best things we know how for our users, for our customers, for everyone. So I think if we were known for that, it would be a wonderful thing”
– Larry Page
Little Known Success Fact:
Larry Page and his co-founder Sergey Brin operate their business in a building they call the Googleplex. The Googleplex is known to be one of the most unique work places (in fact, it was rated as the top place to work in the world) in the world as it offers exercise facilities, buffets, rental cars, meditation sessions, and other recreational activities.
“If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning” – Larry Page
- Image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/loiclemeur/3546358690/ (Flickr: Loic Lemeur)
- Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Jennifer_Lopez_GLAAD_2014.jpg
Powered by Facebook Comments