Born: May 6, 1966, Kentucky, United States | Successful For: Actor, Humanitarian | Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Inner Keys to Success:
- DON’T SETTLE UNTIL YOU FIND YOUR CALLING: George would find odd jobs to work at such as becoming a shoe salesman, and harvesting tobacco. George Clooney never stopped looking for a career he enjoyed. When he dropped out of university, he had no idea what he was going to do next. However, he never quit looking and eventually was offered the opportunity to work with his cousin in a small acting role. Clooney found love at first sight and stayed in Hollywood to pursue acting. Achievers do not settle until they find what they love to do, it is essential for true success.
- LISTEN TO THE INSIDE, NOT THE OUTSIDE: He went to university to study journalism, a similar path his father took; however, George Clooney stated that he didn’t like being compared to his father, and couldn’t see himself being an anchorman. Therefore, being courageous, he dropped out to find something he’d have more fun with. He stayed true to himself, doing what he knew would make him truly happy, and not what was expected by society. He also didn’t second guess, when Clooney made his big decision to become an actor, he ended up staying at the set for 3 months, acting in extras and taking jobs around the set to pay the bills. He even rode a bicycle to auditions when money was short.
- ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING: Clooney is known for his charismatic attitude which has led him to get the parts of major hits such as Oceans 11. In high school, Clooney was a popular kid, but was still able to focus on pursuing his education. Consequently, he is now able to focus on what he wants to accomplish in the world – which includes acting, and being a humanitarian – while still remaining popular amongst his fan base. This kind of enthusiasm assisted him in becoming a positive public figure. Outside of his career, Clooney is known for his humanitarian work being a UN Peacekeeper. Alongside his peacekeeping work, Clooney has a never-ending drive to help change the world as he has founded many charity organizations.
“The only failure is not to try” -George Clooney
Little Known Success Fact:
In his late 20′s, George Clooney used to smoke cigarettes, but quit when witnessing a close family member, his uncle, pass away from lung cancer. Making mistakes is inevitable, the trick is to learn and move forward.
“The greatest lesson I learned was that sometimes you have to fake it. And you have to be willing to fail” – George Clooney
Purchase books on Clooney by clicking below:
- Image: (Creative Commons) uk.wikipedia.org http://www.flickr.com/photos/26230969@N08/3911218574/
- Image: “George Clooney-4 The Men Who Stare at Goats TIFF09 (cropped)” by Michael Vlasaty – DSC_3336. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 http://www.flickr.com/photos/41942641@N02/3911623662/ http://www.flickr.com/people/41942641@N02
- Image: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2459/3911218574_8a3553cba4_o.jpg
Powered by Facebook Comments