Born: May 14, 1984, New York, US | Successful For: Founder of Facebok | Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Inner Keys to Success:
- SACRIFICING THE SMALL THINGS TO PUT IN TIME DEVELOPING YOUR PASSION WILL GO A LONG WAY: Mark Zuckerberg put in a lot of time perfecting his craft. He began creating numerous computer programs from the age of 12 and up. He would even create video games on his computer with his friends after school. This is what made Zuckerberg a genius in computer programming. His parents even hired him a tutor so he’d stay focused on programming, she stated that it was hard to keep up with the kid, that’s how much time he put into his work.
- FOCUS ON ADDING VALUE TO THE WORLD, EVERYTHING ELSE WILL COME ON ITS OWN: Zuckerberg Didn’t just do it for the money. He stated “My goal was never to just create a company. A lot of people misinterpret that, as if I don’t care about revenue or profit or any of those things. But what not being just a company means to me is not being just that – building something that actually makes a really big change in the world.”
- CHOOSE A FIELD YOU NOT ONLY LOVE, BUT YOU’RE ACTUALLY GOOD AT: Zuckerberg is extremely intelligent in his field of work. After creating an audio computer program as a youngster, Zuckerberg was offered a job at giant companies such as Bill Gates‘ Microsoft and even AOL before he graduated high school. Luckily, he did not take those jobs and went on to create one of the largest websites in the world, Facebook. In university, he gained the title of the “software guy” because of his expertise. He even began programming because his parents gave him the book C++ for Dummies. Genius comes from a combination of passion and skill, this is the recipe to thrive.
“The biggest risk you can take is to take no risk” – Mark Zuckerberg
Little Known Success Fact:
Mark Zuckerbergs 3 favorite quotes of all time are “Fortune favors the bold,” by Virgil, Aeneid X.284; “All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up,” by Pablo Picasso; and “Make things as simple as possible” by Albert Einstein. He’s certainly a bold individual, an artist in the form of technology, and has made communication simpler via Facebook, goes to show he literally took these quotes and applied them as a formula for greatness.
“I think that people just have this core desire to express who they are. And I think that’s always existed” – Mark Zuckerberg
- Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpaumier/6198197101/
- Image: https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3074/2696198607_804f72d5fc_z.jpg
Powered by Facebook Comments